Auxiliary Operations Specialist
The Auxiliary Operations Specialist will serve as the key contact for event coordination, and coffee shop management. The incumbent will also assist in the University bookstore as needed. This position will serve both internal and external customers for events, coordinate purchasing and scheduling for the coffee shop and assist with customers in the bookstore. events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coffee shop (80%)
- Coordinates coffee shop schedule
- Maintains staffing
- Assists with ordering
- Main contact for inquiries
- Maintains processes and procedures for the coffee shop
- Hires and trains staff
- Event Management (10%)
- Assists and fills in with event set up.
- Coordinates space/room, equipment, technical assistance, billing, and food service for all events.
- Maintains a master calendar of all events and general campus information to ensure that we have a well-informed campus community.
- Acts as a point of contact for maintenance concerning cleaning and repair needs for event space. Also acts as point of contact for security needs concerning all events.
- Identifies any new or unused space available for event scheduling and assignment.
- Bookstore (10%)
- Assists customers
- Assists with book orders
- Coordinates store layout
- Assists with inventory
- Maintains Processes and procedures
Directly supervises work study students. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates or Bachelors Degree required, 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in event management or restaurant or retail environment.
How to apply
Complete an online application including the following:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references