Theatre Program Coordinator
Trinity Christian College is seeking a part-time Theatre Program Coordinator to provide administrative assistance for all aspects of the theatre program, to work 10 hours per week*, 10 months per year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling and overseeing all practical details of theatrical performances and other Theatre Program events (including visit days/events and interdisciplinary collaborations)
- Serving as Theatre Program’s primary point of contact
- Processing of expense vouchers
- Working with the Technical Director and the Director of Theatre on managing behind-the-scenes program and production needs
- Supervising student workers in the theatre program
- Managing theatre-related spaces in the Art & Communication Center (ARCC)
- Communicating with and helping schedule activities of guest lecturers and workshop leaders, and maintaining the ongoing Theatre Program connections with theatre professionals in Chicago
- Assisting in Program Marketing (especially for performances), including (but not limited to):
- managing theatre program’s social media presence
- communicating with representatives of local high schools
- Serving as the primary Theatre Program representative for our participation with KCACTF (Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival)
- Finalizing performance programs
- Making arrangements / securing tickets for Theatre Program field trips [not during Fall 2020]
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Theatre
NOTE: During the Fall semester of 2020, this position may also include the following potential responsibilities, specific to a semester in which a majority of students are studying remotely:
- Working with the Director of Theatre and the adjunct Technical Director of Theatre to carry out the responsibilities of any Theatre Shops Assistants (student workers) who are unable to work on campus during the FA20 semester
- Working with the Director of Theatre and the adjunct Technical Director of Theatre to help catalog, purge, and/or re-order our theatre stock of costumes, props, furniture, lighting fixtures, construction tools, stage make-up, and/or front-of-house materials.
- Working with the Director of Theatre to help support the Theatre Program Intern (unique to FA20)
Candidates should demonstrate a sincere allegiance to the mission and values of Trinity Christian College. Candidates should possess strong communication skills, organizational skills, and creative problem-solving skills. Prior theatre experience is beneficial, but not required.
Applicants should be prepared to upload a cover letter, statement of faith (Describe your personal relationship to Jesus and how it is expressed through your involvement with the body of Christ. Please indicate your church membership and describe your participation.), and resume during the application process.
[*= It is hoped that the position might move to 15 hours a week in a future semester when in-person, on-campus instruction resumes, along with the corresponding live theatre productions.]