ITOC System Administrator II
ITOC System Administrator II
Job Number: 87242
The University IT Operations Center is seeking a System Administrator to join our team. We primarily provide enterprise systems and service monitoring and incident response for the University, Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children's Hospital communities for a variety of University IT supported services. In this role, you will also be expected to provide end-user troubleshooting and response for work stoppages. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to all of our clients. Please note, this position will be scheduled from 7am - 4PM Friday - Tuesday.
The ideal candidate provides excellent customer service, stays calm under pressure and is a team player.
The primary role of this position is to monitor the health of the University IT Service portfolio using a variety of tools, flagging any anomalies, and coordinating the response to any issue deemed to be customer impacting. In this role, you also will be expected to provide technical support to the end-users community for computer hardware, software, network, collaboration, communication, and productivity tools.
- Triaging monitoring alerts to determine severity and customer impact.
- Notifying on-call operations owners.
- Sending communication to various stakeholder communities on service status and ongoing incident response.
- Serving as major incident owner, including managing the incident response activities, managing the business continuity conference bridge, tasking call participants, tracking all troubleshooting and communication activities, ensuring the major incident process is followed, and communicating to stakeholder groups as appropriate.
- Provide first line of response to requests for various hardware, software, account, and networking technical assistance. Provide remote problem resolution when possible.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience monitoring network, data centers, and service
- Experience implementing a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provde excellent client service
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical secuirty, such as asset mangement) to problem resolution and troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of ITSM
- Familiarity with Ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, Remedy or ZenDesk
Certifications and Licenses: None
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
WORKING CONDITIONS: IT Operations Center is 24x7x365.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun! Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University's mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4845
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87242
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency