Adjunct in Graphic Design
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-065
Posting Start Date: 9/2/2020
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: $41.55 / hour
Adjunct in Graphic DesignDescription/Job Summary
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
An (Adjunct Instructor in Graphic Design) is responsible for:
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom;
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session;
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework;
- Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course;
- Remediate student’s lack of prerequisite knowledge;
- Offer content help through various means;
- Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus;
- Place the syllabus, readings, and homework on Canvas;
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials;
- Set up online courses when relevant;
- Create new digital instruction materials;
- Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation methods;
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching;
- Develop an area of expertise in the academic arena;
- Share teaching expertise with colleagues and others;
- Demonstrate integrity as a practitioner;
- Provide required office hours;
- Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion boards;
- Provide academic advice and guidance to students;
- Submit grades, on time, via the faculty portal;
- Manage incompletes and make-ups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or related field;
- Minimum of 1 years in related work experience.
- 2 or more years or more experience preferred.
- Experience teaching in an institution of Higher Education, may be substituted with work experience
- Familiarity and/or proficient using LMS (Canvas)
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail