Instructional Associate - Part-Time (50%)
Job descriptionJob Number 2008013
Instructional Associate - Part-Time (50%)
Closing Date: 09/18/2020
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationHighland CampusHours20 hrs/wkScheduling VariesSalarySalary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale.FLSA StatusExemptReports ToDepartment ChairCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.Information for This Posting Only The instructional associate position provides specialty guidance to students in the department's technical labs, assists on special projects, participates in recruitment, retention, and placement initiatives, and supports curriculum development within the program.
College ProfileAustin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC pursues educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity in our faculty and staff ranks. ACC seeks to be innovative in all its operations and provides students with guidance and support in achieving success in their educational goals, whether they are seeking a degree, successful transfer, employment or lifelong learning.
The ideal candidate will be eager to work with a diverse student population and will be experienced in culturally-responsive academic practices for engaging with first-generation students and others who have been historically underserved.
Our MissionThe Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see http://www.austincc.edu/about-acc/mission-statementCommitment to Equity and InclusionACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention and completion of historically underserved and under-represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.Job SummaryTo provide instructional support for the department.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 12 month position. For FY20, the hiring pay range for this 50% position is $16,658 to $23,797.Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with student support programs including tutoring students; may provide feedback to faculty or instructors regarding student progress. Encourages use of Learning Lab Services.
- Works on special academic projects.
- Assists with and attends outreach events and departmental projects as needed.
- May conduct workshops on professional development topics or subjects for faculty or tutors to enhance their ability to support student success.
- May plan and organize learning strategies, activities, and aids to serve individual student needs; may work with faculty or instructors to implement those strategies, activities or aids.
- May assist students in a Learning Lab if related to the discipline; may oversee projects or productions involving activities related to the discipline; may work with students at field locations as it relates to the discipline.
- May have additional, specific department duties that may be added at time of posting.
Demonstrated understanding of college and industry environmental safety protocols.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.Working Conditions
- Work is routinely performed in an office/classroom environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
HR Use Only
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law. DisclaimerThe above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.