DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
College of Architecture and Planning
Position #00631663 – Requisition #19150
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Nature of Work:The Program Coordinator position supports the Bixler Global Initiatives in Finland, Italy and Japan at the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP). While the position works under the direction of the Director of Bixler Global Initiatives, independent decision-making and discretion is exercised. This position is also responsible for the administration, event management, planning, scheduling, and general oversight of the Architecture Construction Engineering (ACE)/CAP Summer camps serving junior and senior high school students, as well as undergraduate recruitment efforts and initiatives.
The initial appointment period for this position is 2 years and will be ongoing as long as funding and/or revenue from related auxiliaries and gifts continues. The expected FTE for this role is currently flexible (ranging from 75% to 100% time) and will be determined by the new hire and needs of the Department.
Examples of Work Performed:
Bixler Global Initiatives- 25% Time:
- In collaboration with CAP’s Communication team, develop website presence and promotional, recruitment and other marketing material.
- Participate in cultivating and engaging contacts and opportunities in Finland, Japan and Italy.
- Identify and develop opportunities for expansion of global initiatives in other countries.
- Establish and document procedures related to global initiatives including travel, scholarships, etc.
- Work closely with the college’s Student Services and Budget and Finance teams to coordinate scholarships.
- Coordinate guest lectures to include, lodging, travel, meals, scheduling, poster, advertisement and other logistics/communications.
- Organize, name and categorize files of years of historical files and documents.
- Work with CAP’s Development Officer on ongoing donor stewardship.
- Develop and establish international alumni networks and others around the world.
- In collaboration with department chairs and faculty, identify partnerships, exchanges and visiting scholar opportunities.
- Organize and participate in introductory sessions related to global opportunities.
- Develop relationships and networks in the community and with alumni and others in the profession.
- Responsible for the administration, event management, planning, scheduling, and general oversight of CAP summer camps serving junior and senior high school students.
- Coordinate travel and program logistics with ACE Mentor program and affiliates.
- Arranges facilities, temporary student housing, events, meals and room scheduling.
- In coordination with CAP HR, coordinate faculty contracts and student hiring for the summer camps.
- Assists with the summer camps budget.
- In collaboration with CAP’s communication team, develop website presence and promotional, recruitment and other marketing material. Responsible for overseeing and ensuring smooth execution of the CAP summer camps
- Explore options for additional summer camp opportunities.
- Coordinate direct recruitment efforts with ACE and other similar organizations.
- Strategically further, develop and support scholarships, recruitment and retention efforts focused on Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI).
- Enhance/establish relationships with local middle schools, high schools, and community colleges to present in underrepresented schools, and with the university recruitment office. Serve as a liaison between the two.
- Represent CAP to targeted constituents.
- Partner with the CAP Admissions Coordinator to plan, design, and implement a comprehensive outreach strategy in coordination with CAP administration and department leadership.
- Present programmatic and application information to potential students and parents in person, through email, and phone calls.
- Actively recruit students to CAP’s Bachelor of Architecture program.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver recruitment and outreach activities including scheduling and staffing of recruitment visits and assisting with campus visitation activities.
- Participate in marketing CAP’s strengths and signature programs to prospective students, their parents, and the community through public presentations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of recruitment and retention activities for the college such as attending Open Houses, Career Fairs, and related conferences.
- Work with the Director of Communications and Creative Content to develop a communications and marketing plan for targeted prospective student populations, further develop and enhance website presence, assist in the design and production of marketing materials to actively recruit students, and updating them for changing market needs and expectations; track metrics and success criteria for all outreach activities.
- Connect and partner with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) to engage and recruit K-12 students.
Salary and Benefits:The hiring range for this position has been established at $ 60,000 to $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Conditions of Employment: Must be willing and able to…
- Travel for this role
- Work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
- 2 years’ experience in undergraduate recruitment and/or retention efforts and activities.
- Prior professional experience working within an academic unit/program at a university/college.
- Prior experience working on international programs for a private sector, nonprofit or educational organization.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and work with a variety of individuals and groups at all organizational levels. Experience in making presentations to groups and in communicating information effectively in that setting.
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, that treats faculty, staff and learners fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work, attend to detail and meet deadlines. Successful experience working with multiple demands.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Flexible; collaborative, yet able to work effectively with a high degree of independence. Ability to take initiative, as well as respond to direction.
- Strong grasp of office protocols and professional practices; pleasant, professional demeanor and a service orientation.
- Willingness/ability to travel.
- Proven ability to evaluate policies and exercise good judgment in interpretation and application. Ability to analyze different situations and challenges and resolve problems.
- Familiarity with the professions of architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, and planning.
- Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Sep 3, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing