Application Data Specialist
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
Department: Graduate School
Job Title: Application Data Specialist
Position #778256 – Requisition #19117
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Who We Are:As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The Graduate School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Application Data Specialist position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Application Data Specialist position provides data entry and application processing support to the Dean of the Graduate School, and the Director of Admissions and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS). This Graduate School position is a liaison for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and its many departments.
This position supports the Graduate School office by monitoring the Graduate School and College of Liberal Arts websites for any broken links or incorrect information and reports problems to appropriate constituents, and updates internal policies and procedures. Not all situations are covered by guidelines, so the individual in this position must use critical thinking to improvise solutions and identify alternatives. Examples include authorization to make exceptions to eligibility requirements, quotas, fees/charges, and design work methods used by others.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Evaluates incoming student admission files for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to the different departments in accordance with the CLAS Admissions, International Admissions and Graduate School standards
- Monitors admissions deficiencies and contacts prospective students regarding those deficiencies
- Enters and validates data in CUSIS/PeopleSoft (Student Information System), Document Management System and Nelnet (Payment System)
- Creates folders for prospective applicants, which include but are not limited to department applications, application fee, essay, resume, GRE/TOEFL scores, official transcripts, recommendation letters, and international forms
- Answers general questions and completes basic clerical work as needed
- Performs desk top publishing, including the design, layout, paste up, and editing of program and technical documents as needed
Salary and Benefits:
- The starting salary range for this position has been established at $36,605 to $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis
- General clerical or administrative experience which include entering and tracking data in an electronic or web-based data management system
- Prior admissions experience in a higher educational environment
- Experience entering data into a student information system
- Prior experience with Technolutions Slate software application platform
- Knowledge of FERPA guidelines and compliance
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students in a higher education setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and effectively multi-task
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Sep 1, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing