Part Time Clinical Supervisor for Teacher Education (Evergreen)
Posting DetailsTitlePart Time Clinical Supervisor for Teacher Education (Evergreen)CampusStocktonDepartmentBenerd School of EducationPosting NumberF00330Full or Part TimePart TimeOpen Date08/26/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The University of the Pacific, Stockton campus seeks clinical supervisors to supervise student teachers and intern teachers on a part-time basis for students in the teacher education program. Our current part-time clinical supervisors are drawn from regional expertise in teaching and leadership, and offer a wealth of practitioner-based expertise to our students.
Clinical supervisors are part-time, non-tenure-track employees, contracted via mutually-signed offer letters, to supervise specific students during specific semesters (specific dates) as outlined in the offer letter.Basic Qualifications
• Required degree: Master’s degree or higher degree in a relevant field; University Supervision can include credentialed teacher with a bachelor’s degree and several years of successful teaching experience.
• Relevant content-specific knowledge and pedagogy (i.e., have knowledge of an array of teaching and learning strategies associated with the subject matter content)
• Knowledge of and willingness to know current Teaching Performance Expectations and basics of the Teaching Performance Assessment
• Relevant Professional experiences in elementary, secondary, and/or special education educational settings
• Teaching Experience: a minimum of 3 years in elementary, secondary, and/or special education classrooms
• Prior higher education teaching experience: Preferred, not required
• California Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and/or Education Specialist, Mild/Moderate Disabilities or Moderate/Severe Disabilities credential (as appropriate)
• Ability to work effectively with candidates and district staff (cooperating teachers; identified administrators) in their field settings.
All part-time faculty are expected to perform the following duties:
•Complete all employment documents and any required trainings, and submit employment documents such as signed offer letters in a timely manner.
•Prepare for supervision, including obtaining paperwork and evaluations that must be completed on the student, and coordination with the appropriate Director of Field Experiences.
•Provide an environment conducive to learning.
•Adhere to all University and school policies.
•Provide clinical supervision fairly and effectively in accordance with requirements of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and Program requirements.
•Track student attendance using tools provided, and refer students to the B-hive (Office of student support services)/Director of Field Experiences if required for attendance or performance issues.
•Must use the University’s LMS (Learning Management System) which is CANVAS, to post syllabus, assignments, reference materials, and to communicate with students.
•Read submitted student work and assessments/exams, and provide written/oral/video comments to students in a timely manner to provide feedback on performance.
•Meet with students regularly to provide individualized direction and assessment of progress, as needed.
•Ability to teach/mentor/supervise adult learners
•Demonstrated commitment to and teaching in diverse settings, as well as working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
Must have a car and be able to travel to various school sites where students and interns are placed. Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods.Special Instructions
This recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates, from which multiple short term, temporary appointments may be made. Your application will be active for up to 12 months within the temporary pool. Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type, since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.Contact InformationContact EmailAre Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?NoMinimum Number of ReferencesMaximum Number of ReferencesBackground Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- * Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- * Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application