Position DetailsJob TitleMANAGER HRISPosition Number8100360Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusChicago-Water Tower CampusDepartment NameHUMAN RESOURCESLocation CodeHUMAN RESOURCES: SYS & PROCESS (04600G)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
The Manager of HRIS is the owner or subject matter expert of the Infor/Lawson Human Resources application. This position leads upgrades, testing of system changes, report writing/distribution, technical projects as assigned and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
1. Inputs into HRIS system all employee and payroll data for faculty and supplemental salary payments.
2. Leads and assist with system maintenance – Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades, interfaces or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix and resolves software and hardware problems. Maintain, develop, modify and update HRIS system tables and codes. Maintains systems to ensure data integrity, continued operations and reporting efficiency. Documents process and results.
3. Production support – Provide support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performs scheduled activities; recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
4. Reports/Queries – Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
5. Training – Including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
6. Collaborates with external partners in Finance (especially Payroll) and ITS (HR support team and project teams) on all aspects of change management and ongoing business process review, improvements and scheduled upgrades related to the HRIS systems.
7. Maintains awareness of current trends in HRMS. Continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
A Bachelor’s degree in HR, HRIS, Information Technology or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 -7 years-experience in human resources related field, including at least 3 years of experience managing complex HRIS systems.Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree in HR, HRIS, Information Technology or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 -7 years-experience in human resources related field, including at least 3 years of experience managing complex HRIS systems. Must have a broad knowledge base in best practices in human resources concerning record keeping, hiring, onboarding, leave management, benefits, terminations, etc.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation. Strong understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRIS such as PeopleSoft, Workday or ADP EV2.
Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems, with at least two years of Infor/Lawson experience. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with other HRIS such as PeopleSoft, Workday or ADP EV2.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesYesRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsNoneOpen Date09/03/2020Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14231Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree in HR or IT related field (or equivalent) and at least three-years of experience managing complex HRIS systems.
- * Share an effective approach to working with a large amount of information/data. How has your approach affected your company?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe some of the processes you’ve implemented/improved at other jobs. What impact did it have?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application