Research Assistant II- Campbell Lab
RESEARCH ASST IIPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
MICROBIOLOGY (06220A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
Campbell Lab- Supports research projects by performing straightforward lab assays and analysis. Carry out experiments as instructed by Principal Investigator (PI). Assists PI, research staff, and students with various lab procedures and projects.
- Carries out literature searches and analyses as instructed by Principle Investigator (PI) during assay development. Generates reports on these analyses.
- Organizes, curates and updates data bases of the acquired information and the corresponding analyses.
- Maintains orderly records.
- Maintains a safe and orderly working environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the PI and lab manager, including ordering of lab supplies and reagents
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Preferred: Masters Degree Specify Degree(s): Biological or physical sciences Minimum Experience: Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work on routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
Bachelor of Science degree and research experience, Master’s degree preferredComputer Skills:
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
Lifting, Carrying, Crawling/KneelingWorking Conditions:
09/02/2020Quick Link for Posting: