Research Assistant II- Knight and Qiao Lab's
Position DetailsJob TitleRESEARCH ASST IIPosition Number8150692Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusNon-ExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NameMICROBIOLOGYLocation CodeMICROBIOLOGY (06220A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
A position is available in Drs. Katherine Knight/Liang Qiao’s laboratories for highly motivated candidates who are interested in vaccine development for Clostridium Difficile. Candidates with prior experience in molecular cloning, virus production and animal experimentation are encouraged to apply.Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Preferred: Masters Degree Specify Degree(s): Biological or physical sciences Minimum Experience: Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work on routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceComputer Skills
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical DemandsStandingWorking ConditionsVentilation, Animals, Infectious DiseasesOpen Date09/02/2020Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14229Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Do you have at least one year of previous job-related experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application