ASSISTANT DEAN FOR ACCREDITATION, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
ASSISTANT DEAN FOR ACCREDITATION, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Posting Number: SRGV4634
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School Of Medicine /Accred Effect & Quality Enh
Scope of Job:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine (SOM) requires ongoing continuous quality improvement oversight that is integrated with the institutional strategic priorities and national accreditation standards. Ensure compliance with all School of Medicine accreditation standards and progress toward success on institutional strategic goals. Work closely with the Assessment, Evaluation, and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) leads who manage much of the data relevant to accreditation.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for keeping abreast of SOM evolving accreditation standards, overseeing the preparation and timely submission of requirements of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and processes for monitoring compliance with accreditation standards and documenting continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Advises SOM leadership on matters related to LCME, program evaluations, and reviews.
• Oversees and manages all LCME site visits.
• Oversees the LCME accreditation process for SOM in collaboration with the assigned supervisor.
• Develops short and long-range plans, conceptual designs, budget requirements and documentation for assigned area.
• Advices senior leadership on accreditation and continuous quality improvement functions related to accreditation.
• Ensures all LCME accreditation requirements are documented and processed in accordance with established timelines, including completion of annual reporting requirements and preparing for cyclical accreditation reviews and site visits.
• In collaboration with the assigned supervisor, provides leadership and oversight in conducting the LCME Institutional Self-Study, including setting timelines, overseeing steering committee operations, developing reports, and supervising preparation of draft and final submissions of all required documents.
• Works to ensure alignment of SOM website information with LCME documentation.
• In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Assessment and Quality Improvement, communicates with appropriate administrators and committees to ensure alignment of accreditation requirements with CQI processes and the SOM strategic plan.
• Assists with the collection, analysis and synthesis of pertinent accreditation and quality improvement data for communication and required reporting to relevant stakeholders and the Accreditation Review and Continuous Quality Improvement Committee (ARCQI).
• Contributes, as applicable, to the development of policies, procedures, manuals, and other written communications required as supporting documentation for accreditation processes, including but not limited to policies and procedures, handbooks, and website content.
• Participates in monthly LCME phone/web conferences and presentations.
• Organizes and participates in ad-hoc LCME-related operational meetings.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Reviews and analyzes continuous quality improvement dashboards pertinent to accreditation.
• Tracks and ensures pertinent LCME requirements are being met.
• Provides training and works closely with SOM departments to ensure the timely preparation and submission of annual action plans and assessment reports for internal planning purposes and also to comply with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the assigned supervisor.
General supervision from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Terminal degree or Master’s degree in business, healthcare administration, higher education or other healthcare professional or administration field.
Five (5) years’ experience in accreditation and/or project management, with a minimum of (3) years’ experience working in a healthcare or academic medical setting.
Knowledge of LCME processes, procedures, timelines, standards and compliance issues, including affiliation agreements with clinical partners; continuous quality improvement processes; and project management experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/08/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25694
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency