Senior Business Analyst (0657U) - 10632
Senior Business Analyst (0657U) - 10632 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
- Applies advanced business systems concepts to define highly complex systems and system project scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Works at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis and implementation projects while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into system requirement specifications or project charters and objectives.
- Creates technical and functional specifications for systems with broad impact on campus enterprise systems.
- Initiates and designs system specifications where there are no standardized policies or procedures.
- Initiates, designs or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Initiates, facilitates, implements and documents work process changes.
- Leads cross-functional teams, often project based, to solve complex business or systems issues.
- May lead of team of business systems professionals.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Help in project initiation, planning and execution, focused on alignment of system implementation projects with scope and requirements and organizational goals.
- Update or produce needed project materials.
- Applies professional project management concepts and campus IT and project management policies and procedures in managing complex assignments.
- Requires advanced knowledge of business analysis function.
- High level strategic thinking skills and critical attention to detail a must.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising concepts and practices.
- Requires high level interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Good interviewing, facilitation, and presentation skills a must.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn campus and system-wide fundraising and financial processes and procedures preferred.
- Experience developing reports using standardized tools, such as query languages, visualization tools, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Documentation samples required.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Familiarity with current industry trends in both advancement and IT preferred.
- Has education or background in project work, with skill needed to develop conversion and system implementation plans, and other related materials.
- Demonstrated experience in operations analysis, data and data structure analysis, and reporting.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10632&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency