Club Sport Coach/Instructor
Club Sport Coach/Instructor
PERA - JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI Club Sports program is seeking part-time coaches/instructors for our various Club Sports teams.
Please know that candidate applications will remain on file until June 30 of each year.
Responsibilities of the WPI Club Sports Coach/Instructor include the following:
1. Conduct safe and well-organized practice sessions and instruction that enable club members to develop and improve their skills.
2. Be attentive to appropriate safety practices, including the inspection of equipment and the reporting of any hazardous facility/field conditions.
3. Promote and model fair play and good sportsmanship.
4. Represent the respective club and the WPI Club Sports Program in a positive and professional manner at all times.
5. Attend training session(s) as requested.
6. Notify the Associate Athletic Director immediately of any injuries, and complete an Accident Injury Report on TechSync
7. Monitor the use of all club equipment or uniforms
8. Provide recommendations for PE credit and grades for participants.
9. Assure the participants have submitted a Release of Liability Form prior to taking part in tryouts, practice or contest.
10. All Club Sports must have at least one coach travel with the team on bus trips.
11. Provide supervision to assure that alcohol or any other illegal substance is not present at any practice, game, contest, etc. when the club team is functioning as a representative group from WPI. Coaches are responsible for assuring that their Club Sports Team is abiding by this expectation.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Club-Sport-Coach-Instructor_R0000668
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency