Job Number: 86107
The Stanford community includes more than 13,000 talented and dedicated staff that each play a vital role in shaping our future leaders, supporting groundbreaking research and resolving some of the world's greatest challenges. Joining our administration team in the Office of General Counsel, you'll enable operations essential to the university's mission. You'll provide a full range of legal administrative or operational support to the Office of the General Counsel, including monitoring workflow and prioritizing multiple competing priorities
The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is responsible for addressing legal issues arising out of the activities of Stanford Health Care, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford, University HealthCare Alliance, Packard Children's Health Alliance and Stanford Health Care - ValleyCare. Led by its Vice President and General Counsel, Debra L. Zumwalt, the office consists of in-house attorneys and support staff partnering with outside law firms.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Act on behalf of the Office of the General Counsel in regards to identifying and resolving problems that are administrative or operational in nature. Liaison between department, university and healthcare clients and others.
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, often under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Coordinate and manage attorney schedules and activities, including all logistics and calendar management and preparation for appointments and necessary follow up.
- Compose and draft documents; perform editing and fact checking; analyze and review material and extract pertinent information. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content. Process and distribute documents effectively.
- Organize and maintain complex filing systems.
- Triage telephone calls and visitors. Respond independently to general inquiries when appropriate, and make swift and accurate judgments in forwarding inquiries and requests to attorney or other offices in the university or hospitals.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Experience we'd like you to bring:
Education & Experience:
Associate's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to independently exercise sound judgment, maintain confidentiality, take initiative, and be flexible and professional at all times.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Proficiency in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and a good understanding of databases.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive work style and history of collaborative teamwork.
- Coverage during business hours of 7:45AM and 5:30PM with extended hours or weekends, as needed, e.g., 8AM - 5PM or 9AM - 6PM
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 3072
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 86107
Location: Office of the General Counsel, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency