Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Job Number: 87098
At Stanford University School of Medicine, the work we do touches lives today and tomorrow. Through education, research, and health care, the School of Medicine improves health through leadership, diversity, collaborative discoveries, and innovation in health care. Whether working in departments with faculty, or in units that support the school, our staff are a part of teams that propel us on our journey toward the future of medicine and Precision Health.
Join the Office of the Senior Associate Dean of Research in leading and changing medicine as we know it today. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this position manages human resources services for the School of Medicine's Research Office. This includes working with unit managers and faculty to train and assist them with University human resources procedures and policy as they pertain to job classification, staff recruitment, hiring policies, salary recommendation, performance management, employee relations, and other HR-related functions. The Human Resources Manager also has audit responsibility for training and HR records compliance.
Experience working at an educational institution
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Frequent stand/walk, sit, use a computer; use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, write by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Rare kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Travel on campus to school/units, out of town.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4705
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87098
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency