Part - Time DxS Assets Office Assistant - FY 2021
Part - Time DxS Assets Office Assistant - FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
To provide general support for the DXS Assets & Software. This paid student position reports directly to the manager. The individual must possess an understanding of and be committed to the efficient operation of the department while maintaining confidentiality. The individual must take pride in the details of the position and be proficient at prioritization and handling multiple tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers questions and direct faculty and staff to appropriate resources when inquiries are made in person or by phone.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of office and work benches, which may include cleaning, vacuuming, recycling of boxes and packaging materials.
- Bench stock inventory and reporting.
- Shadow DxS team members when working on customer facing issues.
- Assist DxS Asset Management and other DxS teams as needed.
- Become familiar with refresh, asset management, surplus/salvage and other processes as needed to assist DxS with the support of CSN students, faculty and staff.
- Transport and reporting of equipment.
- Assist with asset handling for surplus, salvage, moves, etc. under supervision of Asset Manager and other DxS staff as needed.
- Current Nevada Driver's License.
- Must be pursuing or interested in an IT related vocation
- Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated student who can work with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of computers, office applications and internet skills. Additional training will be provided.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar, Internet search.
- Able to physically transport and maintain equipment including under desks.
- Able to lift and transport 25-50+ lbs. repeatedly throughout the day.
- Academically excel to maintain your employment.
- Smile and be productive in your work.
- Currently taking CIT/IT courses.
- IC3, MOS, MTA, or CompTIA certifications.
- Letter of reference from faculty
Starting Salary Range
To be considered for this position, upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Part---Time-DxS-Assets-Office-Assistant---FY-2021_R0122428
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency