Assistant Director - Auxiliary Services
Assistant Director - Auxiliary Services
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position assists in the management and operation of the Department of Auxiliary Services, providing oversight and support for all responsibilities and staff in the departments comprising Auxiliary Services including reprographics services, print management, copier programs, motor pool services, and wireless services. Additionally, this position assists in management of contracted services including bookstore operations, food/dining services, and snack and beverage vending operations. The functions assigned to the Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services serve a critical role in the delivery and support of essential services to the College's students, faculty, and staff.
All but one of the functions assigned to this area are self-supporting or revenue generating, and thus constant interaction, review, and intervention is required to ensure operational efficiency, performance by third party contractors, accurate billing, proper accounting, and addressing vendor concerns and issues. The incumbent must successfully balance constituent needs, contract obligations, cost considerations, budget impact, and service delivery in the decision making and implementation processes, and the incumbent must communicate operational status accurately and succinctly to College management and internal stakeholders.
This position aligns with the expanding and evolving role of Auxiliary Services at the College. The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services will play an integral role in the current and new programs that will be managed by the Auxiliary Services department, including the evaluation and maintenance of technology platforms, marketing and communication efforts, and assessment. All projects will connect with our essential mission of supporting transformational informal learning with an emphasis on belonging, inclusion, equity, and wellness.
- Bachelor's degree in business, higher education administration, computer science, or related field from an accredited college/university AND three years of comparable managerial experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budget monitoring.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Data collection and analysis experience.
- Strong skill set with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Workday.
- Formulation of requests for proposals scope of work and the assessment of vendor proposals.
- Knowledge of contract monitoring and understanding contract provisions.
- Expert knowledge of NSHE policies and procedures.
- Budget preparation experience.
- Experience managing initiatives and creating substantive policies and programs (e.g. sustainability, technology, personal printing).
- Experience revising existing and creating policies and guidelines for Auxiliary Services Department.
- Ability to meet with departments and college leadership to improve service delivery and respond to issues.
- Ability to research industry standards and best practices.
- Willingness to visit other colleges and universities to benchmark service delivery.
- Ability to prepare detailed, accurate, and timely reporting.
- Ability to work with external vendors.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade D
$72,864 - $83,747
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following to their application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- List of 3 professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
NSHE INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) must use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number, in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Assistant-Director---Auxiliary-Services_R0120570-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency