Computer Science I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the supervision of Neil Heffernan, Professor of Computer Science and Director of the Learning Science and Technologies Program, the Grants Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the ongoing operations of associated research programs. The Grants Manager will work closely with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Sponsored Programs Accounting to ensure compliance with federal, sponsor, and program regulations, as well as WPI policy.
- Serve as a thought-partner to PI to transcribe and edit ideas into written memoranda and proposals.
- Maintain awareness of- and track upcoming funding opportunities with sponsors.
- Help to foster potential partnerships with sponsors and other research institutions, attending calls with potential partners to keep notes and details.
- Review solicitations for guidelines and restrictions or other special provisions.
- Prepare supporting proposal documentation:
- update current and pending documentation for PI and co-PIs;
- prepare detailed line-item budget with corresponding budget justification;
- prepare facilities description, data management plan, and COA;
- collect and format biographical sketches, CV's, and letters of collaboration;
- request letters of support (as needed) for PIs and outside collaborators;
- collect subaward commitment formsas needed.
- Help craft final grant applications including a proofreading and editing of technical narratives.
- Collate all pending proposal materials and maintain files.
- Assist the Office of Sponsored Programs with the upload all proposal documents into government and non-government sponsor websites for submission. Fastlane, Grants.gov., and various foundation portals.
- Serve as liaison between PI and associated research partners at other institutions; communicate project status and issues to be resolved.
- Assist with the development of resources that may be shared by awardees including websites, grant management software, and other tools and technologies.
- Schedule and ensure that complex meetings run smoothly by preparing and organizing supporting materials.
- Serve as daily supervisor for PI's team of full-time research scientists, graduate students, undergraduates, and volunteers.
- Perform project management for the research programs, such as documenting project requirements, developing work processes, determining realistic schedules, monitoring timelines, deliverables, and milestones. Monitor and adjust plans by updating monthly reports and by incorporating new awards, students, and research staff support.
- Update and maintain institutional dashboards and other project documentation including notes, change requests, project plans, and actions items.
- Generate and edit annual reports, written and oral presentations, and other correspondence for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate the contracting of- and execution of agreements with technical consultants and other service providers as appropriate.
- Assist PI and partners with the preparation and follow-up of Institutional Review Board (IRB) materials.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of staff and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grants-Manager_R0001044
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency