Job Number: 87066
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology and Metabolism is seeking a Grants/Finance Manager (Accountant 2) to perform a variety of regular and recurring professional accounting functions involving fiscal interpretation and analysis, reconciliations, and reviews of multiple accounts and transactions.
The division of Endocrinology, Gerontology and Metabolism has a long history of major contributions in basic and clinical research, a record of training fellows for academic and clinical careers, and a commitment to providing care for patients with complex endocrine diseases. The basic science and clinical studies that are carried out at Stanford University cover a broad range of areas in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. Through our integrated research, education, patient and community outreach programs, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of academic medicine and patient care.
- Analyze accounting transactions and information to summarize current financial position at the unit or organization-wide level.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets. Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on variances from budget and prior data.
- Capture, track, and report revenue and expenses; determine appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting. Oversee, reconcile, and resolve problems relative to complicated accounts.
- Maintain and review accounting process controls; recommend and implement any approved modifications; perform preliminary analysis and recommend solutions.
- Run and analyze moderately complex financial reports, often from multiple systems; prepare basic management information reports.
- Serve as a resource to local units and other departments to resolve accounting-related issues, as needed.
- Serve as a resource on subject area to principal investigator staff.
- Develop and support the pre-award process.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree plus four years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Intermediate proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4442
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87066
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency