Grants Manager A/B - Penn Dental Medicine
Grants Manager A/B - Penn Dental Medicine
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Grants Manager A/B - Penn Dental Medicine
Job Profile Title
Grants Manager B
Job Description Summary
The Grants Manager will provide research administrative and financial management support to investigators at Penn Dental Medicine.
This person will provide both pre-and post-award support, coordination and administration to Penn Dental Medicine. Post award activities include: account setup, monitoring and reviewing sponsored projects expenditures, preparing fund projections, recommending/implementing corrective actions as needed, ensuring efficient, accurate and timely grant closeouts, monitoring and enforcing compliance with sponsor guidelines, and School and University policies. The Grants Manager will regularly meet with principal investigators to discuss and advise them on financial issues related to their portfolios.
The Grants Manager will maintain salary grids and work collaboratively with the Fiscal Operations and Business Administration team to ensure faculty and staff are paid correctly; prepare effort reports, direct and indirect cost allocation and management; participate in specific projects, including the annual budget submission, management of grant projections; manage more complicated grants including training grants and program projects with multiple sub-contracts. The Grants Manager will produce quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for sponsored-research fund groups and research-related special purpose funds. They will assist with grant policy creation, dissemination, and enforcement in the respective grant areas.
The Grants Manager will report to the Associate Director of Fiscal Operations and Sponsored Programs and work closely with the Office of Research Support Services, Export Control and Compliance and the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
Key Competencies and Behaviors for the Role:
- Accountability: takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior on others.
- Adaptability: responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; consistently exhibits optimism and energy; learns new skills, performs work in different ways; successfully works with new colleagues; professionally deals with personal discomfort in a changing work environment; willing to be flexible; remains calm in stressful situations. Demonstrates tolerance for uncertainty. Demonstrates adaptability through adopting a plan, behavior or approach.
- Clear Communication: expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively; ensures that information is understood by all parties; shares information in a timely manner using the most appropriate method; presents well-organized information in a group setting. Maintains a constructive, open dialogue with others and speaks with candor. Presentation Skills: engages audience by presenting well-organized material in an understandable format. Speaks persuasively and in a convincing manner. Proofreads documents to ensure proper language usage.
- Initiative: takes action to improve a situation without waiting for explicit instructions; understands how one's own actions relate to the University's and department's strategic goals; recognizes and responds to opportunities in order to reach a goal; seeks new and improved techniques, solutions, and approaches to completing assignments. Recognizes opportunities and uses them to reach a goal. Seeks innovative approaches to completing assignments.
- Working Collaboratively: works collegially with others, cooperating in both interpersonal and team relationships; fosters enthusiasm and maintains mutual trust, candor and respect. If applicable, manages groups effectively and builds partnerships with others. Fosters a sense of collegial partnership and teamwork. Manages groups effectively by facilitating the participation and contributions of others and building shared goals. Encourages cooperation and establishes common ground to achieve larger organization objectives. Builds network of informal friendly relationships to get things done. Works well as a member of a team.
Qualifications for Grants Manager A
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Qualifications for Grants Manager B
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting with 5-7 years of experience in post-award research administration or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in University research and financial systems, including Business Objects/Data Warehouse, PennERA, Hyperion, PennWorks/UMIS, BEN Financials strongly preferred. Experience with administering clinical grants and contracts strongly preferred. Strong background in MS Office suite of products required, with additional computer skills desirable. Strong interpersonal, organizational and writing skills desired with the ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to highly sensitive data required.
Experience in University contract and Business Administration; knowledge of university research policy, practices and systems. In addition to above listed qualifications, knowledge of NIH proposals (e.g., T32s, R01s, eSNAP progress reports, JIT requests); foundation proposals, contract agreements including Clinical Trials, Sponsored Research, Purchase Service, Non-Monetary, and Material Transfer.
Additional knowledge of PennERA, SOMERA, NIH eRA Commons and Proposal Central; ability to format biosketch and use the university FCOI system. Experience working with SF424, PHS398, PHS2590 grant application forms and instructions. Penn policies and financial systems (BEN, PennWorks, Business Objects, SOMERA, Penn ERA, etc.).
Working knowledge of Uniform Guidance; proficiency with Excel and Business Objects; excellent critical thinking, analytical, verbal and written communication skills; ability to apply solid organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and prioritize. Ability to be flexible and to respectfully work with a diverse group of individuals and stakeholders.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Dental Medicine
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Penn-Dental-at-Schattner-Center/Grants-Manager-A-B---Penn-Dental-Medicine_JR00018512-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency