Administrative Assistant III
The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant III. Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Administrative Assistant III will provide administrative support service to relieve administrators in the office of Advancement of a number of organizational decisions, and coordinate the activities of the office. The Administrative Assistant III works at a highly experienced and technical level and with a very high degree of independence and initiative; is expected to be/become very knowledgeable in the technical functions and processes of the department and its programs; and typically, is assigned a number of challenging duties and problems for resolution.
• Performs a variety of administrative and/or secretarial support activities such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review and investigating, evaluating and resolving problems within scope of position
• Researches, summarizes and analyzes information; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following supervisor’s general direction; selects relevant information from a variety of sources
• Maintains and reconciles budgets for departmental, institutional or work unit accounts; monitors expenditures and performs simple analysis on accounts; prepares both special and recurring reports for supervisor and authorizes payments within prescribed limits; makes recommendations for purchases
• Serves as administrative liaison with other departments on campus and outside organizations and agencies concerning administrative policies, procedures and practices
• Other duties, as assigned
• Associates degree plus five (5) years of administrative assistant experience
• A documented work history that shows a record of increased responsibilities; setting work priorities; handling multiple assignments; meeting deadlines; working with confidential information
• Ability to function at an expert level using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, take initiative, handle emergency situations in a professional efficient manner
• The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
WORK SCHEDULE: This is an exempt position and your expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.