GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION RESIDENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION RESIDENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV4623
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Graduate Medical Education
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the ACGME residency/fellowship training program. Assist the Program Director (PD) in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the Psychiatry training program and ensuring compliance with ACGME accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements. Function as a liaison between the PD, residents/fellows, faculty, GME Office, participating sites, and other departments. PCs should be knowledgeable about compliance and regulatory requirements at the various training sites in which their residents/fellows rotate.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program’s curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements.
• Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program.
• Coordinates creation, dissemination and monitoring of annual rotation, clinic and call schedules; updates schedules periodically to maintain accuracy
• Coordinates creation, dissemination and monitoring of resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations.
• Coordinates accreditation activities - ACGME Site Visits.
• Manages duty hour reports and supports reporting compliance.
• Assists in supporting compliance to GME policies and procedures and related departmental policies.
• Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process.
• Assists the PD and faculty in planning, developing, and implementing residency/fellowship program quality improvement activities.
• Enters and maintains Information in WebADS (Annual ADS Update).
• Monitors ACGME Case Logs (if applicable) for completion.
• Notifies residents to complete and monitor ACGME Resident & Faculty Surveys for completion.
• May perform AAMC GME Track / FREIDA updates.
• May set-up and/or download ERAS applications.
• Manages annual residency recruiting activities for assigned population.
• Prepares information for ranking meeting(s).
• Notifies GME office and confirms/changes quotas, enters rank order list for NRMP.
• May coordinate the planning and preparation of the annual Graduation event under the supervision of Program Director.
• Monitors compliance of GME Exit Survey completion.
• Submits list of Certificates of Completion to GME Office.
• Ensures appropriate board eligibility or certification for specialty or subspecialty as stipulated in ACGME Program Requirements.
• Coordinates the gathering of all data forms, final evaluations, procedure logs, pagers, badges and final program letter of completion for graduating residents training files.
• Forwards future address to GME Office for PeopleSoft record.
• Completes training verification processes for past graduates.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Residency Program Director and GME Senior Residency Program Coordinator.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Healthcare Administration or related field from an accredited University.
Three (3) years of related experience.
Experience obtained in Health Care related field.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25652
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency