Internal Auditor (Reg FT)
Internal Auditor (Reg FT)
Position Title: Internal Auditor (Reg FT)
Department: Institutional Support
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than May 15, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 18 - $76,955
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5405
Job Open Date: 5/1/2020
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Maintains a comprehensive audit program to verify adherence to established policies and procedures and protect the College's assets.
Requirements: Master's degree in accounting, business, finance or related field and a minimum of five years experience. Discretion and confidentiality required. Applicant must agree to and pass background and credit history checks and be credit-worthy.
1. Assists the external auditing firm with the annual Uniform Guidance financial audit of federal programs.
2. Performs compliance audit procedures as required by public grant programs, particularly in relation to subrecipient activities.
3. Reviews the financial aid program annually.
4. Performs semester reviews of continuing education programs.
5. Conducts semester reviews of student grades and attendance submissions to determine completeness and adherence to College and external requirements.
6. Evaluates various administrative systems and prepares recommendations to improve weaknesses
7. Performs periodic audits of all cash drawers throughout the College system, and monitors campus procedures for handling cash to ensure compliance with College regulations and best practices.
8. Monitor all Petty Cash funds to see that the general ledger balances are maintained and that the cash is secured.
9. In accordance with the Fixed Asset Policy Manual, observe the taking of physical inventories each year and help select the locations to be counted.
10. Performs spot-check analysis of the College's fixed asset inventory.
11. Review surplus equipment items prior to being listed for surplus sale with the Procurement Office and Campus administration to determine if there is any value or use for the surplus items.
12. Performs analysis across all College policies and regulations to assure uniformity of application from campus to campus, to promote CCAC's “One College” initiative.
13. Performs analysis of collaborative initiatives with third parties, particularly of those entities with an ongoing or recurring physical presence on CCAC property, to assure ongoing compliance with contractual obligations, insurance requirements, and pertinent College regulations.
14. Prepares reports outlining the extent of all aforementioned examinations, nature of any problems encountered, exceptions found and recommendations for improvement or remediation action needed.
15. Recommends improvement of management and controls designed to safeguard the College's resources and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
16. Prepares an audit plan each year in conjunction with the Chief of Staff and Vice President, Finance to identify areas that will be reviewed. Areas to be considered in the audit plan not addressed elsewhere in this job description include, but are not limited to: compliance with CCAC policies, procedures, and regulations for credit cards, travel, computer access and document imaging security, goods/services receiving, employee classifications, salaries, position changes, and payroll audits. Such reviews can be done on a rotating and/or sampling basis.
17. Conducts special examinations at the request of the President and/or the Board of Trustees.
18. Sits on the Finance/Audit Committee of the BOT.
19. Receives complaints raising issues under Board Policies II.05 and V.08 and, in conjunction with legal counsel, finance/risk management, human resources, provost and/or other appropriate departments within the College, conduct, supervise and/or direct investigations of the same and prepare reports documenting findings.
20. Audits and analyzes departments and functions across College system for compliance with and consistent implementation of Board policies and College regulations and procedures, and prepare reports and recommendations of findings.
21. Prepares and presents reports that reflect audit results and document processes utilized.
22. Conducts follow up audits, as needed, to monitor implementation of interventions and/or corrective actions in prior audit reports.
23. Conducts all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Board policies and College regulations and procedures.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by College President.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=684&site=3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency