Posting Number: SRGV4626
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Sciences / Physics and Astronomy
Scope of Job:
Trainee position to pursue research as a vital component of their educational mission and professional career development. Works under minimal supervision with some latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment in research and/or teaching. Performs teaching and/or research work as required within the classroom and/or project assigned. The research direction of interests are wave transport in classical optics, electronics, and acoustics or quantum transport.
Description of Duties:
The following is a listing of typical duties that may be applicable to the position:
• Develop, test, and analyze research projects that are assigned by the head of the group within the deadlines given by Dr. Ramezani.
• Develop new ideas on projects related to the research interests of the group and execute them on time. The new projects, milestones, and timeline of the new projects must be approved by the head of the group, Dr. Ramezani.
• Write narrative summaries of the research results, prepare manuscripts and research proposals.
• Conduct literature review.
• Develop and implement an evaluation plan and prepare progress reports as needed.
• Develop numerical simulations associated with the projects.
• Collaborate with other members of the groups and participate in training graduate students assigned by the head of the group.
• Publish in peer-reviewed publications related to the focus of the research activities assigned and performing other job-related duties as assigned.
• May teach one course per year in conjunction with the faculty member, if assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Doctoral degree in theoretical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optics and photonics, Mathematics or related fields from an accredited University .
The research direction of interests are wave transport in classical optics, electronics, and acoustics or quantum transport.
Use of personal computer and proficiency in software and research statistical applications.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Standard office environment.
This is a trainee position subject to a specific time as agreed to by stakeholders.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 07/24/2023
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25645
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency