Faculty Affairs Specialist
Faculty Affairs Specialist
Job Number: 87075
Stanford University Department of Medicine is seeking a Faculty Affairs Administrator to provide analysis and guidance within the department regarding faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions, and the search process. Ensure compliance with school and university policies and processes.
The Department of Medicine (DoM) is the largest department in the School of Medicine, with 14 sub-specialty divisions and over 900 faculty members in various lines. Our department is continuing to grow aggressively, with faculty recruitment always ongoing.
We seek to hire someone with the desire, skill and knowledge to make a real, positive impact and help us to maintain our level of excellence. The Faculty Affairs Office of the Department of Medicine performs a critical role in the recruitment and appointments and promotions process for the faculty. Each day, we interact with world-class faculty members, among the best minds in the world in their respective fields. As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Faculty Affairs Specialist uses strong interpersonal relationship skills to influence matrixed resources to complete critical, time-sensitive projects. We offer the chance to work for an institution with world-wide recognition in education and healthcare yet seeks to encourage a real work-life balance and a collaborative atmosphere.
- Provide necessary operational support to search/review committees and to mentoring and/or annual counseling of faculty, and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Document and interpret policies and processes for contributors to the appointment/promotion form (chair, faculty lead, and candidate); review and edit all sections and make recommendations.
- Track search activities (e.g., collection of FASI data), and incorporate into search report.
- Prepare final version of appointment/promotion form, incorporating suggested changes from higher levels of review.
- Prepare offer letters, as needed, for the chair or dean, which may include gathering information from other offices.
- Serve as primary point of contact, as needed, in orienting new faculty to the department, school, and university.
- Oversee all faculty visa matters, as needed.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate a strong service-oriented work ethic.
- Excellent editing and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4817
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 87075
Location: School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency