Posting Number: S01328
Collaborates as an active member of the HR Ops and Admin team with a focus on developing and administering efficient business processes across the range of HR operations. Responsible for the administration of the College's staff compensation programs, including compliance, job evaluation, new hire and job change salary offers, FLSA determination, maintenance of the job description database, and coordination of the annual merit increase process. Provides advice, training, and support to College community, as appropriate, in the development and application of compensation management principles, guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Provides consultation to recruiters and hiring managers to determine appropriate hiring rates within salary administration guidelines. This entails job description review, confirmation of experience/educational requirements, reviews of campus equity, and market comparisons.
• Collaborates with managers and Human Resources staff in the analysis and review of job classification and reclassification requests; quality controls the job classification process for both existing positions and newly created positions, performing job audits as appropriate.
• Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market; contributes to established compensation surveys and/or develops and implements custom surveys as appropriate.
• Monitors changes in regulations to ensure continued institutional compliance.
• Follows Fair Labor Standards Act regulations to determine exempt/nonexempt overtime designation of staff jobs. Answers overtime-related questions.
• Administers other compensation-related policies and practices such as shift differentials, bonuses, stipends, etc.
• Administers the (non-leave of absence) paid time off programs including: holiday pay and holiday premium pay, floating holiday, bereavement, jury duty, military duty, etc.
• Assists and collaborates, as appropriate, in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program for staff and faculty employees.
• Acts as a primary point of contact and consultant for Human Resources and the College community, as appropriate, on job classification and reclassification and associated compensation issues.
• Liaisons with the Budget Office for position control: Maintains tracking system and consults with Budget Office for reuse and data accuracy.
• Assists with developing and maintaining the tools and documentation related to the compensation program.
• Assists with preparing employee communication materials related to the compensation program or processes.
• Inputs and assists in monitoring retroactive and special payments through payroll and recovery of wage overpayments.
• Act as the primary resource for external survey requests related to compensation information such as IPEDs and US BLS requests.
• Cross-trains and actively collaborates with members of the HR Ops and Admin team to support other HR services as needed.
• Supports payroll process (job set-up troubleshooting, etc.)
• Creates or runs reports as requested.
• Ensures the integrity of the compensation and job-related data by regular audits and data maintenance.
• Prepares monthly compensation metrics for internal management reporting.
• Maintains up-to-date written procedures for the compensation function.
• Maintains accurate and complete files related to the compensation program.
• As requested conducts employee meetings to explain the compensation program and/or answer employee questions.
• Prepares reports or conducts research as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience. SHRM, HRCI or World at Work (CCP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Highly proficient in excel and Microsoft reporting and collaboration tools. Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation principles, methods, and procedures.
• Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
• Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations.
At least 8 years of HR experience with 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Strong proficiency in use of report-writing tools. Oracle HCM Cloud or Peoplesoft and PowerBI experience highly desirable.
General office environment with long periods of computer work. Must be able to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/21873
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency