Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director
Job Number: 86967
Imagine a world without search engines such as Google or social platforms like LinkedIn or Instagram. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants, discovery of genes responsible for various diseases, and research to cure illnesses. All of these advances, and more, are a direct result of Stanford's prominent faculty, researchers and alumni, who have revolutionized the way we live and enriched the world. Supporting this mission is Stanford's dedicated 16,000+ staff, who come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere.
We are looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director to partner with the Talent Management and Workforce Strategy team to lead the design and implementation of a DE&I strategy that, over time, aligns with all elements of our employee life-cycle -- talent attraction, onboarding, development, engagement, compensation, and retention. The DE&I Director will serve as a thought leader, advisor and designer of best practices in support of the university's DE&I programs and will work collaboratively with peers in the schools and units to align DE&I efforts across the university. The DE&I Director will report to the Associate Vice-President, Talent Management and Workforce Strategy and initially be an individual contributor role.
As the leader of your specific area of discipline, your responsibilities include:
- Provide thought leadership, rooted in research, external insights and best practices, direction, advice, and counsel to senior leaders and/or HR business partners.
- Assess and understand the needs of our schools/units, combined with university-wide goals and objectives, to identify university-wide solutions.
- Develop vision, scope, key program deliverables and outcomes with associated timeframe and measures of success.
- Lead our university-wide IDEAL Engage initiative and expand its vision and purpose to align to with the vision of the university and the needs of our staff
- Enhance current and build new programs and processes to ultimately improve our diversity efforts related to talent attraction, onboarding, development, engagement, compensation, and retention
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams, make decisions regarding projects and programs.
- Lead the implementation of the diversity programs, tools and frameworks with appropriate customization at the school/business unit level.
- In partnership with our Communications team, to develop and lead a communication plan that includes key messaging and promoting all DE&I programs led by UHR for both internal audiences and potential candidates in the recruitment process. Develop a plan for integrating all critical DE&I messages in our recruitment, onboarding and development programs.
- Development meaningful metrics, tools, and analytics that enable leadership to evaluate DE&I performance and effectiveness.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of our various Staff groups and DE&I peers and align university-wide DE&I efforts, share best practices and progress against DE&I strategies.
- Continuously enhance DE&I practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 10+ years of prior in-depth relevant professional experience with at least 5 years of experience as DE&I professional.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Deep functional knowledge of DE&I best practices.
- Demonstrated success in developing cutting edge strategy and driving process improvements with regard to diversity and inclusion issues in the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills across levels, with an ability to persuade and influence, and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple initiatives simultaneously and determining priorities based on what is most important to the university's success.
- Shown success in driving and achieving results by setting goals, using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals, and tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals.
- Deep knowledge in change management and strategies for creating alignment with a diverse set of employees.
- Strong analytical skills and will have leveraged those insights into critical decisions.
- Proven you are self-motivated, action-oriented; able to work independently and make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Ability to constantly perform desk-based computer tasks; frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation; occasionally use a telephone; rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4124
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 86967
Location: Human Resources Services, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency