Assistant Division Manager
Assistant Division Manager
Job Number: 86952
The Department of Medicine, Division is of Immunology and Rheumatology (I&R) dedicated to institutional and community commitment to the development of research programs at Stanford that focus on clinical immunology. The Division of Immunology and Rheumatology (I&R) has a longstanding tradition of excellence in patient care, and is among the leading groups in the School of Medicine in cutting edge bench research, clinical trial investigation and outcomes assessment research.
I&R is seeking a highly motivated and hard-working professional to join their team as Assistant Division Manager (Administrative Services Administrator 2). This is a challenging and rewarding job working with an exceptional group of faculty and staff in a dynamic and friendly work environment. The role of this position is to advise individual faculty on their financial health and to work with division leadership on strategic development and to oversee key operations for the entire unit. The Assistant Division Manager (ADM) will chair/co-chair Lean projects and meet with appropriate counter parts to discuss needs of the division. With Division Leadership, oversees space planning/office moves including planning the move of Palo Alto clinics to Redwood City (RWC). This person will have primary responsibility for 5-8 faculty finance portfolios and oversee all of the faculty finance portfolios. S/he will serve as the subject matter expert for the finance and admin team and the faculty. S/he will be responsible for assessing the grants management operations and implement process improvement plans to ensure the admin team and finance teams are operating efficiently and following all compliance rules of the funding sponsors and the university. S/he will establish processes to streamline business procedures by way of establishing SOPs for internal division operations. The Assistant Division Manager will report to the Division Manager and work closely with faculty as well as administrative and clinical research staff to ensure smooth management of projects.
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Assess training needs and may develop associated training.
- Master's degree and three years or more of relevant work experience or a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Research administration experience strongly preferred.
- Capable of functioning independently and collaboratively at an advanced level under the general direction of the division leadership
- Experience with the development, administration, implementation, and evaluation of programs
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to all audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
- Stanford experience preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 86952
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency