IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Job Number: 87199
Stanford University has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Business Analyst in Student Information Systems, a unit within Student and Academic Services. This position will specify requirements for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve workflow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. It will also work with the Student and Academic Services staff to coordinate standard system processes, batch jobs, and communications. If you have the desire to use your system expertise to create and innovate at Stanford University, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Student and Academic Services is a unit within Stanford Student Affairs and directly supports Our Most Important Work.
Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford's commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.
In this role you will:
- Define requirements and business cases for technology developments.
- Participate in analyzing and documenting existing processes and systems for possible improvements and recommend new or revised systems; may develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Participate in the analysis of user needs and the design and implementation of new or modified management information systems, such as use case analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in designing reporting systems, forms and related business tools.
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new systems, upgrades and patching; may participate in smoke testing and develop test plans; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition and system techniques and controls.
- Interview employees at all levels to analyze policies, work procedures and operational methods for the needs analysis state of systems development.
- Participate in problem solving in areas such as system design, input/output requirements and procedural flow between departments and/or business systems.
- Participate in the analysis, development and integration of new or revised policies and procedures.
- Maintain and resolve requirements issues as they arise and escalate to senior analyst as required.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in enterprise application and understanding of database driven application.
- Skill in conducting interviews.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise.
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain good customer relations with customers and outside vendors.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Visio, Access and Excel.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Projects.
- Experience with Peoplesoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience with Collegenet S25/R25.
- Experience with SQL.
Working Conditions: Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4771
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87199
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency