The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a transparent, honest, humble, strategic, innovative, forward thinker and charismatic and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Maysville Community and Technical College in Maysville, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for MCTC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. MCTC enrolls 4,828 students on an annual basis, has 4 campuses (1 in Maysville; 3 in adjacent counties) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the MCTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC) challenges learners to accomplish their educational, career, and personal development goals.
Goals of the College
- Provide arts and science courses and associate degrees for transfer to baccalaureate institutions.
- Offer technical degrees, diplomas, certificates, and courses for employment and career advancement.
- Provide transitional and adult education offerings.
- Deliver workforce training and services to support individual, community, and economic development.
- Provide academic and student support to enhance student learning.
Maysville Community and Technical College, a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is a public two-year degree granting institution responding to and serving the needs of communities in the northeastern Kentucky region.
Maysville Community and Technical College inspires lifelong learning and transforms our region through excellent education
We believe in the potential of each learner. We value intellectual, professional, and personal development of students, faculty, and staff. We provide flexible and accessible educational opportunities.
We commit to identifying and meeting the needs of our students and communities. We support cultural and academic diversity. We value effective, inclusive communication.
We hold to high standards of behavior. We believe in treating each other with respect. We work to create an ethical learning environment.
- Student-focused with a strong commitment to recruitment, retention & achievement
- Highly visible, approachable on-campus & engaged in all communities served by MCTC
- Strong management skills & confident decision-maker
- Team player
- Exhibit enthusiasm & passion for community colleges
- Team & relationship builder
- Develop & strengthen community-wide & higher education partnerships
- Understand & strengthen MCTC’s role within the community, its partners & business & industry
- Understand & appreciate the culture of the area
- Appreciates MCTC’s history & will continue the College’s record of excellence
- Aggressive recruiter & promoter of MCTC
- Effective communicator, including outstanding public speaking skills
- Reach diverse populations & fosters equity & inclusion
- Strong & successful financial background with a thorough understanding of the budgeting process
- Aware of & responsive workforce needs of the community
- Business Minded
- Strong & proven fundraising & “friend-raising” abilities
- Strategic risk taker
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
- President with CEO experience
- Classroom teaching experience
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on October 2, 2020.
The review of applications will begin October 5, 2020. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Maysville Presidential Search webpage at https://maysville.kctcs.edu/presidential-search/
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to make a confidential inquiry please contact our Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Search Consultant:
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability,
family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.