PT Instructor, Architecture
PT Instructor, Architecture
Salary: To Be Determined Based on PT Faculty Salary Schedule
Start Date: Spring 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Chabot College, Hayward, Ca
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking Part-Time Instructor, Architecture for Chabot College in Hayward, Ca. Applicants will be expected to provide instruction in Building Information Modeling (BMI) software such as AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino, architectural drafting principles, architecture design studio and sustainable design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Teach architecture courses at the college level.
2. Provide instruction for assigned courses, including in-class or on-line distance education activities, evaluate student’s work, consult with students outside of class and/or on-line and maintain currency in subjects taught.
3. Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college, submit attendance rosters and grade reports, provide students with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
4. Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and College.
5. Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Evidence of understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent” provision must provide details that explain my time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement.”
1.Master’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
2.Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
3.Practice architecture in A/E/C field.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform the essential functions of the positions.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
TO APPLY, please send the following application materials to:
1. Cover Letter
3. Transcripts (Un-officials accepted for application purposes.)
4. Certificate of achievement
Name: Adrian Huang
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (510 ) 723-7410
Department: Architecture Department
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.