The Keck Center for Language Study ( Part-Time No Benefits )
Posting DetailsJob CategoryCasual WagePosition TitleThe Keck Center for Language Study ( Part-Time No Benefits )Full Time/Part TimePart TimeDivisionDean of the FacultyDepartmentHumanitiesDepartment Statement
The Keck Center for Language Study provides support for the learning and teaching of foreign languages at Colgate. We provide the technological and pedagogical expertise needed to give students and faculty the tools they need to most effectively learn about world languages and cultures.
The position of Keck Center Office Manager will work closely with the center director to oversee a staff of student workers and help promote the center. The Office Manager will also manage the daily affairs of the Keck Center, including taking minutes in the meetings of the Language Council, coordinating meetings times for the Language Council, and providing assistance for the Upstate Institute’s Foreign Language Program.Accountabilities
· Coordinate student work schedules
· Assign and oversee the execution of tasks by student workers
· Manage the inventory of technology that is loaned out to users
· Oversee the reservation of Keck Center spaces
· Ensure that proper cleaning and physical distancing procedures are followed
· Coordinate cultural and language-focused events, including advertising the events on campus
· Oversee the social media accounts of the Keck Center
· Take minutes in meetings for the center director as needed
· Schedule meetings for the center director as needed
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
· Experience working in a multilingual and multicultural setting
· Ability to use both Mac and Windows PCs
· Experience using the Google suite of tools
· Ability to quickly learn to use new technologies
· Experience working with college-age students in an academic setting
· Experience working in higher education
· Experience overseeing college student employees
· Experience teaching others to use technology
· Experience with using social media to advertise events
· Experience studying or speaking a non-English language
Bachelor’s degree preferred. We will consider a combination of education and comparable work experience.Physical RequirementsOther Information
Please address additional questions regarding this position to Cory Duclos [email protected]Requisition Number2020CW013PostingTemporaryYesWork Schedule
This is a casual wage position that will work approximately 12-18 hours per week during the academic year. This will include some evening hours.Job Open Date09/01/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions SummaryEEO Statement
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery Act
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a Colgate employee?
- * Have you ever been a Colgate employee?
- * Are you at least 18 years of age?
- * Please let us know how you heard about this position.
- Albany Times Union
- Binghamton Press & Sun
- Cazenovia Republican
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Colgate Employee
- Colgate Website
- Diverse Issues of Higher Education
- HERC (Upstate New York HERC)
- Mid-York Weekly
- NCAA News
- Norwich Evening Sun
- Oneida Daily Dispatch
- Sherburne News
- Syracuse Post Standard
- Utica Observer Dispatch
- Waterville Times
- If you selected "Colgate Employee" or "Other" for how you heard about this position, please provide the employee's name or where you heard about/saw the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter