WEB APPLICATION & DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Cente...
WEB APPLICATION & DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC)Tracking Code9726 Job Description
We are seeking a Web Application and Data Warehouse Developer who will serve as the technical lead for the development of web-based software applications and data warehouse solutions for a variety of scientific and public health projects in our research-computing environment. This role requires working effectively with a cross-functional team of business analysts, content experts, data managers and informatics specialists to understand requirements, determine optimal platform and deliver an application according to specifications and testing plans using an agile-based approach. The developer will support and enhance legacy systems, new applications, and stay abreast of new technologies and methods. The developer will use cloud-based ecosystems in support of our data warehouse based projects. This position will require implementation of best coding practices (SOLID), utilization of our SOPs and templates, adhering to timelines and budgets, harmonization with standards and providing documentation throughout the software development life cycle.
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC), formerly the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) has been a data management resource center since 1984. The BEDAC assists with questionnaire and data collection form design; implementation of study protocols; data management; data entry; and statistical, database, and web-based programming. Our staff of statistical programmers, web programmers, and data managers have expertise in study design; electronic data capture; subject tracking systems; quality control procedures; and statistical methods. The BEDAC creates systems and procedures to avoid many of the difficulties typically encountered in research collaborations. With an experienced team of data professionals, we can provide data management and procedural consistency to ensure the highest quality data.Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience is required; Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience is preferred
- 3-5 years experience building dynamic websites using .NET with knowledge with ASP.NET and .NET CORE framework and SQL Server, Visual studio and C#
- 3-5 years experience with developing and supporting data integration, data architecture and analytics and business intelligence solutions using various architecture and software design patterns; particularly, ETL, data warehouse (custom and packaged applications) and transactional reporting and data access.
- 1 year experience in MS Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or MongoDB
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs for Mobile Apps and Microsoft Apps
- Knowledge of architectural patternsMVP, MVC, MVVM
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing complex technical solutions
- Mobile App Development experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular