COTS APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER/BUSINESS ANALYST, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Cen...
COTS APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER/BUSINESS ANALYST, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC)Tracking Code1366 Job Description
We are seeking a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Applications Developer/Business Analyst (BA) who will serve as the technical lead for the development of COTS systems in our research-computing environment. The role of a business analyst requires the development of system requirements and specifications, entity relationship, work and data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and testing plans. The role of COTS developer requires the development and validation of COTS systems. The position will provide guidance to the investigator, researchers and staff in the selection and training of systems and processes and will require implementation of best practices, standardization and harmonization of common measures and staying abreast of new technologies and methods.
Essential Functions include:
- Application Development: Design electronic data capture (EDC) systems using commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) including REDCap, TeleForm, Qualtrics, StudyTRAX, InForm and Medidata Rave. Program validation checks and branching logic, develop reports, perform unit testing according to the testing plan, develop user acceptance testing scenarios and document change management.
- Specification Development: Define user requirements, develop case report forms or equivalent, incorporate database standards (CDISC, PhenX), validation checks and branching logic. Develop and maintain entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries and data testing plans.
- Data Management Activities: Develop and execute components of the Data Management Plan (DMP). Develop automated data procedures to transform and clean data, perform data audits, provide system access and decommission. Maintain all compliance documentation.
- Special Projects: Develop SharePoint websites and reports using Power BI. Develop custom features for COTS systems and investigate new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience is required; Master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience is preferred
- Knowledge of REDCap, Good Clinical Data Management Practices (GCDMP) and database standards (e.g., PhenX Toolkit, CDISC).
- Experience generating or using code to investigate discrepancies, import-export data and transform data to target data structure.
- Excellent writing and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of Electronic data collection systems (e.g., TeleForm, Qualtrics, and StudyTRAX), SharePoint and industry-related systems (e.g., InForm and Medidata Rave)
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC), formerly the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) has been a data management resource center since 1984. The BEDAC assists with questionnaire and data collection form design; implementation of study protocols; data management; data entry; and statistical, database, and web-based programming. Our staff of statistical programmers, web programmers, and data managers have expertise in study design; electronic data capture; subject tracking systems; quality control procedures; and statistical methods. The BEDAC creates systems and procedures to avoid many of the difficulties typically encountered in research collaborations. With an experienced team of data professionals, we can provide data management and procedural consistency to ensure the highest quality data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular