Research TechnicianTracking Code2435 Job Description
Boston University, Biological Design center has an opening for a Research Technician to join the Tissue Microfabrication Laboratory of Dr. Christopher S. Chen. Dr. Chen’s laboratory uses a combination of tissue engineering, genetics, stem cells, and device engineering to model and dissect the mechanisms of heart and vascular disease in vitro. The successful applicant will support ongoing projects in heart disease modeling using microfluidics, organ-on-chip platforms, and molecular assays to uncover fundamental biological mechanisms of disease and develop new approaches to treating them. This position demands commitment and productivity in a high energy environment, and provides an excellent opportunity for scientific learning and working in a dynamic team oriented environment for a more experienced applicant or a recent graduate.
- Maintain primary cell cultures.
- Fabrication of micro-devices used for making engineered organ-on-chip cultures.
- Work with staff scientists, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows on various research projects, using a variety of standard cell biological techniques
- Maintaining lab catalogs, supplies, equipment, protocols, and general lab stocks
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in bioengineering, biology or related field.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture,
- Experience with microfluidics, micropatterning, or other related fabrication technologies.
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with teams on studies.
Candidates who also have one or more of the following will be preferred:
- MS degree or higher in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience as a full-time lab technician
- Experience with mammalian cell culture or induced pluripotent stem cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, PCR, plasmid construction, western blots, ELISA assays.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITES. Please send an email to [email protected] and include the following: (a) a cover letter, (b) a current C.V., and (c) three letters of recommendation from scientists familiar with your work. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular