Executive Director, Development (BUS)
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Executive Director, Development (BUS)
Job ID 3945
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the VP, Advancement, the Executive Director of Development is responsible for crafting and implementing the overall plan of Advancement activity for the Driehaus College of Business. This individual will be responsible for setting strategy related to major, planned and principal gift prospects for the College, and crafting a program of activity to ensure a healthy pipeline of donors into the future. In addition to managing a portfolio of high-level prospects for the College, the Executive Director will manage and guide the efforts of the other major gift development officers charged with raising funds for DCOB. The Executive Director will also inform strategy for broad-based alumni engagement and build/strengthen volunteer activity across the College. By closely working with the Dean, academic partners and senior Advancement leadership, the Executive Director is expected to play a significant role in setting strategy that will further the philanthropic goals of the College.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a portfolio of high-capacity prospects and primarily focusing on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts for DePaul.
- Manages and guides development staff charged with raising funds for the College of Business.
- Develops annual and long-range major gifts fund-raising plans programs based on meeting specific process targets and financial goals.
- Advises and assists with initiatives at the request of the Deans and/or the AVP; participates, to a reasonable extent, in university-wide activities and initiatives, task forces, and committees; Maintains a commitment to ongoing.
- Professional development and education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years increasingly responsible experience building and managing relationships with individuals of high net worth.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and staffing high-level volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising development staff members.
- A graduate degree (preferably an MBA or JD) is desired.
- Experience in campaign planning and goal-setting.
- Oversee development staff (2-3) for the College of Business; co-manage the priorities of the assigned Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee College of Business development budget.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Polished, professional demeanor and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to develop relationships with colleagues across all areas of Advancement and the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, motivational ability, and the ability to successfully interact with high net-worth individuals and their families.
- Comfortable operating independently and taking initiative within the context of team-based, collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and organize long-term plans and execute those plans.
- An awareness and understanding of the value of higher education and an ability to understand a professional school setting.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: