Faculty Affairs Administrator 2
Faculty Affairs Administrator 2
Job Number: 86904
The Office of Academic Affairs at Stanford University School of Medicine is seeking a critical thinker to join our Faculty Affairs team. The Faculty Affairs Administrator 2 role provides analysis and guidance regarding faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions, and the search process for specific lines in the School of Medicine. This position provides subject matter expertise, ensures compliance with school and university policies, and works towards continuous process excellence.
- Provide operational support and guidance to search/review committees and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Document and interpret policies and processes for contributors to the appointment/promotion form (chair, faculty lead, and candidate).
- Manage review, promotion, and search processes, including marketing, recruiting, preparing committee reports. Create agenda, prepare and edit documents and forms for faculty review including recommendations.
- Identify problematic information in letters and advise on how to resolve the problem. May provide first level approval for appointments and reappointments.
- Prepare offer letters, as needed, for the chair or dean, which may include gathering and synthesizing information from other offices.
- Serve as primary point of contact, as needed, in orienting new faculty to the department, school, and university. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Oversee all faculty visa matters, as needed.
*- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Program Management experience, specifically in research and/or academic affairs
- Demonstrated creativity, critical analysis, judgement and decision making skills
- Knowledge of Stanford operational and administrative systems, including FASA, and PeopleSoft.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasionally work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4743
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 86904
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency