Social Science Research Coordinator
Social Science Research Coordinator
Job Number: 87181
Stanford University is seeking a Social Science Research Coordinator to perform administrative and operational duties to support research in the Department of Genetics, applying basic knowledge and understanding of scientific theory and working directly with research participants as well as a team of researchers. Work under the direction and supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports.
- Maintain and file form and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
- Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Type, edit and organize data. Prepare data for input into statistical databases.
- Apply formulas and calculations to research data using basic statistical programs. Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Assist with facilitating participant appointments
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a science-related field.
- Excellent phone and in-person communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of res
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.earch work.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4185
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87181
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency