Research Data Analyst 1
Research Data Analyst 1
Job Number: 86915
Enthusiastic and focused Research Analyst for Neuroimaging lab
Do you want to help Stanford University develop world-leading research to better diagnose and treat people suffering from Parkinson's disease and Dementia?
- Have experience with functional or structural MRI neuroimaging
- Understand basic statistics principles
- Are exceptionally organized and can balance multiple projects at one time
- Enjoy learning new skills, such as how to analyze neurological and memory tests.
- Are a proven quick learner who doesn't need handholding to get started
- The opportunity to contribute to understanding dementia and Parkinson's disease
- Challenging but positive environment where you will always learn new things
- Teamwork and camaraderie
- Competitive full time salary
- Excellent Stanford benefits
In addition to submitting your on-line resume, please include a cover letter describing your prior programming and/or Imaging experience and the top five qualities that make this the right job for you. For more information about our lab and research, please see http://neurology.stanford.edu/labs/postonlab/
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
- Experience with UNIX and/or computer programming.
- At least 6 months' experience with MRI or PET neuroimaging, either in running the scanner or in analyzing data.
- Experience using MRI software such as FreeSurfer, SPM or FSL.
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience with advanced statistics
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS, R, or SigmaPlot.
- Experience using graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator or similar.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Neuroscience, or Economics degree desired.
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 86915
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency