Operations Manager🔍Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Aug 31, 2020 Post Date📅87174 Requisition #Stanford Center for Professional DevelopmentThe Stanford Center for Professional Development is a leader in global, online and extended education. Established in 1995, we are located on the Stanford University campus and work with Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers to design and deliver engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences to both matriculated students and a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online, Stanford’s online learning provider, and provides access to credit-bearing courses, certificates and degrees; professional education; group and custom programs, and free and open access content. We also operate and manage a number of technology-rich classrooms and studios as well as a variety of educational technology tools and platforms. We support Stanford teaching teams in the utilization of different pedagogical approaches and technologies to improve faculty impact and learner outcomes. SCPD increases access to Stanford teaching and research and fosters a global community of learners, industry leaders, and Stanford faculty & instructors. The Operations Manager provides operational support to 70+ non-academic staff, 200+ online graduate courses, 90+ professional programs, and 30+ custom programs. This position will lead the administrative and operational functions in the areas of facilities, office management, human resources support, and departmental support in the compliance and programs departments. This position also serves as a liaison between the department and School of Engineering administration. CORE DUTIES:
- Independently lead, administer, and evaluate the day-to-day operational functions for SCPD by identifying and executing tasks for administrative functions, including spaces and facilities (badges, Lenel system, building access, etc.), office administration, human resources and departmental support in compliance and programs.
- Make recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assign resources to achieve the goals of the programs
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for SCPD operations, including human resources, facilities, and administrative functions
- Represent SCPD as the key contact for facilities and contingent staffing, including recruitment and employment inquiries for temporary staffing; act as liaison between department and School of Engineering. Coordinate a range of human resources activity with the SCPD leadership, SoE, and university business partners.
- Represent SCPD to external stakeholders and constituencies related to similar inquiries (i.e. CardinalTemps, vendors, etc.)
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and planning events and/or conferences.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments across all levels to comply with procedures set in place for effective policies and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87174