Posting InformationPosting Number2020405Posting/Functional TitleGrant SpecialistUniversity Pay Plan TitleGrant SpecialistLocationSan MarcosDepartmentBiologyRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3,000Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
BS in Biology or related natural resource disciplinePreferred Qualifications
-Experience sampling in rivers and lakes
-Experience handling kayak, motorboat
- Comfortable working for long hours in the field
- Experience identifying freshwater mussels
- Experience with scuba diving
-Experience using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with data entry and data management
-Experience with basic GIS
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent time management skills
-Familiar with basic statistical analyses
-Able to work well as a member of a large research team
-Ability to work alone with minimal supervision after training for the job
- Ability to operate large 4WD vehicles
Survey and collect freshwater mussels, assist in compiling and managing a GIS-compatible database, assist in field and lab activities and work with internal and external collaborators.Job Duties
- Survey and collect freshwater mussels, assist in compiling and managing a GIS-compatible database, assist in field and lab activities and work with internal and external collaborators.
- Drafting reports in collaboration with grant directors and others, and presenting information to funders, scientific audiences, and the public.
- Field and lab work – assisting others as needed
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?