Posting InformationPosting Number2020407Posting/Functional TitleNurse PractitionerUniversity Pay Plan TitleNurse PractitionerLocationSan MarcosDepartmentStudent HealthRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$7,000.00 + commensurate with experienceJob Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Texas Advanced Practice Nurse license with prescriptive authority. Must be in good standing with Texas Medical Board and Texas Board of Nursing.
2. Board Certified in Family Practice
3. DEA registration
1. Basic Cardiac Life Support certificate
2. Experience working in primary care setting
3. Experience documenting in electronic health records and using Microsoft Outlook and Word.
4. Experience managing Affirming Hormone Therapy.
Student Health Center (SHC) at Texas State University in San Marcos is seeking a full-time Family Practice Nurse Practitioner for an ambulatory health care facility serving college students.Job Duties
Provide primary medical care to eligible students within the scope of family medicine and following the standard of care for an advanced practice nurse. Document patient encounters in an Electronic Health Record. Assign accurate Evaluation & Management (E&M) codes for patient visits to support the filing of health insurance claims. Consult with supervising physician when appropriate and make referrals to other health care providers as necessary.Additional Information to Applicants
The Texas State Student Health Center is a nationally accredited ambulatory health care facility, complete with an in-house lab, x-ray and pharmacy.
Our team-oriented organization serves a college population of more than 38,000 students.
For more information about clinic hours, services and staff, visit www.healthcenter.txstate.edu or call 512-245-2161
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).