Part- Time Instructor: Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program
Part- Time Instructor: Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program Application Window
Open date: August 30th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Aug 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) is a self-supporting unit within the University of California. Funding is generated through fees collected from a diverse, complex, and ever-changing student population. Part-time instructor positions are on a course by course contracted basis. This is NOT a faculty position.
The Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program invites applications for Instructors to teach courses to prepare students to demonstrate mastery of the California Administrator Performance Expectations. For a more detailed overview of our Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program, please visit https://ce.uci.edu/areas/education/admin_services/
Course topics include:
• Educational Leadership
• Management of Human and Material Resources
• Cultural and Socioeconomic Diversity
• Governance, Organization, and Administration of Public Schools
• School Management in a Community Setting
• Fiscal Management at the Site and District Level
• Technology for Administrators
• School Law and Political Relations
• Curriculum Design and Management
• Supervised Administrative Field Work
Classes may be available in a variety of formats: evening on-ground, hybrid, and online instructor-led.
Specific Instructor Duties
• Preparation of syllabus and teaching of course content curriculum with a strong emphasis on student-centered learning
• Integration of course content knowledge with the application expectations required of a beginning site administrator
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System to manage instructional content and enhance and support classroom, online, or hybrid, instruction
• Determine student mastery of material and assign final course grades from evaluation of signature projects and other assignments and activities related to course material
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabus; submitting course handouts; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF06381
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.Application RequirementsDocument requirements
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)