Part-Time Instructor: Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Part-Time Instructor: Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Leadership Recruitment Period
Open date: August 31st, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Aug 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) is a self-supporting unit within the University of California. Funding is generated through fees collected from a diverse, complex, and ever-changing student population. Part-time instructor positions are on a course by course contracted basis. This is NOT a faculty position.
This is pool recruitment for online and classroom teaching positions that may become available.
We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students.
Course and special lecture topics include:
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
Managing and Determining Risk
Women in Entrepreneurship
Negotiation Skills/Gender and Negotiations
Communication Skills/Communicating as a Woman at Work
Building your Personal Vision and Brand
Leading Organizational Change through Disruptive Times
Sustainable Development Goals
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education Program Director/Manager as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; completing all required compliance training; submitting updated syllabus; submitting course handouts; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
• Advanced degree from an accredited institution
• Extensive background and current work experience related to subject matter
• Online teaching experience
• College-level teaching experience (or the corporate equivalent)
• Comfort in dealing with international professionals and students
• Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
• Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
• Current participation in professional associations
• Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
• Experience traveling or living abroad
• Local and available to teach on-ground, daytime classes during the week
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)