Grants and Finance Analyst
Grants and Finance Analyst
Job Number: 86271
Stanford University, Department of Medicine is seeking a Grants and Finance Analyst to work under minimal supervision to manage the proposal preparation and/or post award activities on grants, contracts, program projects, and federal grants, both routine and complex within the Quantitative Sciences Unit (QSU).
The mission of the QSU is to facilitate cutting-edge scientific studies initiated by Stanford investigators by providing expertise in biostatistics and informatics, to mentor and educate clinical investigators in research methods, and to mentor data scientists so that they can reach their full potential. The QSU achieves its mission through an interdisciplinary collaborative approach where QSU members become fully integrated into individual research teams.
- Participate with principal investigator in the preparation of the administrative components of proposals within parameters of sponsored and non-sponsored research guidelines. Oversee and communicate submission process, both paper and electronic; review documents for completeness and compliance.
- Develop, prepare, and finalize project budgets, and provide budget justification.
- Serve as liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries.
- Collaborate with Office of Sponsored Research to ensure awards are set up properly and cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled; initiate cost transfers.
- Review and approve expenditures, advise on post award spending and commitment activity, and oversee compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Participate in contract closeout process; submit final reports and certificates. Compile information and documents needed for audit inquiries.
- Understand, apply, and advise on university and government policies for projects.
- Serve as a resource on subject area and overall technical resource to principal investigator and other university staff.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements. Lead other staff in group projects
- May participate as a mentor and provide cross-training as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of job related experience, or combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to complete Cardinal Curriculum I and II within first year in role.
- Knowledge of procurement needs, including sole-sourcing, cost analyses, vendor requirements, and small business reporting.
- Knowledge of property management requirements related to Stanford or non-Stanford title of equipment and fabrications.
- Competency in project management.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently, but also to seek or offer assistance when needed.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Cardinal Curriculum I and II must be completed to remain in this position.
- Certified Accountant or Auditor or similar credential desired.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation and perform desk-based computer tasks, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to ten pounds.
- Occasionally stand, walk, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, write by hand and sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4482
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 86271
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency