Respiratory Therapist Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleRespiratory Therapist Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23925Working TitleRespiratory Therapist, Sr.Department NameH3410:Therapeutic ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ASClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (through the National Board of Respiratory Care)Physical Requirements
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 25-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
The shift for this position is primarily nights, 7:00 pm-7:30 am; some weekends and holidays required.
Work hours opposite of the primary shift mentioned can/may be required per department staffing needs.Job Summary
The Respiratory Therapist Senior ensures competent care of patients through airway management, mechanical ventilator management, blood gases, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, and other duties as it relates to assure the quality of patient care.
The ideal candidate will perform proper documentation of patient care activities and interventions, record therapy and results as required by hospital policy and regulatory agencies, and communicate with other health care teams to ensure the quality care of patients.
Please apply for any and all positions you feel qualified. If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have patient care experience; strong computer skills; and excellent communication skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Hospital experience is preferred.Deadline to Apply09/14/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following National Board of Respiratory Care Credentials do you have or are eligible for?
- Certified Respiratory Therapist-CRT (only)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist-RRT
- * Do you have hospital experience in Respiratory Care?
- * Do you have a current Kentucky respiratory care practitioner's license or are eligible to obtain one?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter