Amb/Retail Pharmacy Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleAmb/Retail Pharmacy Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24353Working TitleRetail Pharmacy Assistant/UKHC--GSRP 7/7 2nd shift modifiedDepartment NameH5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACYWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position may include standing for greater than five hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day, as well as the ability to reach items above shoulder-level and lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.Shift
Staffing in a hospital based retail location providing primary support to mid-shift hours into late evening/nights. Shift to be a 7on/7off position which includes weekend and holiday coverage rotation. Schedule/hours subject to change in order to accommodate staffing needs during pharmacy operating hours. Shift rotations to be discussed during interview, and holiday rotations required for locations open on holidays.Job Summary
This position assists pharmacists in UK HealthCare retail pharmacy sites operating under Chandler Retail Pharmacies. The primary duty of the individual in this position is managing cash register transactions and handling cash appropriately.
The Pharmacy Assistant may also assist with filling prescriptions, clerical work, and restocking daily orders received from wholesalers. Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians for Ambulatory Pharmacy Services will play an integral role in ensuring overall customer satisfaction and that a positive patient experience is achieved for all Chandler and Good Samaritan retail pharmacy patrons.
The ability and desire to work and grow in a fast-paced, complex, and ever-changing field within a dynamic and cutting-edge pharmacy is essential for individuals in this position. The potential for growth within this nationally-recognized enterprise is truly unsurpassed; the University of Kentucky was recently named as one of The Chronicle of Higher Education’s 2019 Great Colleges to work for, an award based solely on randomly-selected employee survey results.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
This position requires dependability and the ability to prioritize; the successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
One year of previous work experience (preferably in a related field). Prefer previous pharmacy tech experience or work/classes in medical field.Deadline to Apply09/08/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work full-time during the posted hours?
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us about your background and how it would assist with this position. Also, tell us why you consider yourself the best candidate for this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter