Events and Client Relations Coordinator - Humanities Research Institute (135558)
Description: Events and Client Relations CoordinatorHumanities Research InstituteOffice of the Vice Chancellor for Research & InnovationUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
If you’re an organized and energetic individual who enjoys engaging with the public, HRI would like to talk to you. We need a collaborative and creative events professional to manage a diverse array of events and to coordinate space usage. HRI recently advanced to official Illinois Research Institute status, making this an exciting time to help shape our public-facing programs and initiatives.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION:
The Humanities Research Institute seeks an Events and Client Relations Coordinator to assist the Deputy Director in the planning, implementation, and delivery of all Humanities Research Institute (HRI) events (both virtual and in-person), and facilitate and coordinate Levis Faculty Center space usage, delivering high-level customer service to Levis space-usage clients. May require working before or after typical office hours and/or weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning and implementation of all HRI events, whether remote or in-person, including handling hotel and flight reservations, honorarium paperwork, itinerary preparation, catering orders and meal reservations, and implementation of AV technology and remote-presentation technology/managing delivery of remote events.
- Oversee, administer, and monitor the conference/events’ logistics and space utilization in Levis Facility, and provide support as needed to ensure excellent customer service is provided to all clients, including managing processes for reservations and space utilization, contracting, coordinating overall building space schedules, placing related work orders for setup and cleaning, and serving as frontline AV tech support for Levis users. Resolve operational and client service issues and conflicts.
- Manage and organize operational and business processes related to Levis space usage: Continually revise/update, as needed, contract language, including fee schedule, consistent with University's best practices. Execute client contracts for services and special events and update as needed. Update building resident MOU yearly, as needed. Issue F&S work orders as needed and process related F&S billing for support of events in building. Coordinate with finance staff to oversee guidelines and operating procedures designed to effectively track revenue and expenditures associated with space utilization and sponsored events. Present usage analysis and budget-related reports. Serve as liaison with contracted technology services and audio-visual (A-V) vendors, Facilities and Services staff, and other service providers. Execute billing for Levis space usage services.
- Outward facing-liaison ambassador/marketing: Collaborate with HRI Communications staff to develop effective marketing materials and/or web interface and social media dimensions. Serve as HRI ambassador to and attend meetings with clients, stakeholders, and campus events-related bodies.
- Maintain building Four Winds digital signage (at times in collaboration with Communications Staff).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director and Deputy Director in alignment with achieving the institute’s mission and objectives.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Promotions, Events Management, Hospitality or related field.
Required Experience: Minimum of two years’ professional experience with project and/or event coordination/planning. Experience with presentation technology. Customer-service experience.
Preferred Experience: Familiarity with or exposure to University setting. Familiarity or experience working with Humanities or similar related events, programs, or staff. Experience working successfully with diverse populations, campus units, and clients on a college/university campus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Highly developed organizational skills with an attention to detail. Sound decision-making and evaluative skills. Knowledge of standard principles of project management. Excellent communication, personal relations, public speaking, leadership, conflict resolution and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to perform effectively with a professional demeanor in a diverse and fast-paced work environment consisting of multiple and changing priorities, under minimal supervision. Ability to cultivate professional relationships with faculty, staff, clients, and vendors. Flexibility and availability with schedule so as to ensure presence at all applicable events. Software proficiency with MS Office Suite and related databases. Comfortable with AV technology and remote-presentation platforms. Knowledge of the University of Illinois' organizational structure and purchasing/accounting processes. Familiarity with project management, event planning, or similar management software.
- This position may require working before or after typical office hours and/or weekends
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs
- Occasional light shifting of rolling tables or chairs for fine-tuning of event setup
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Events Administrator Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by September 28, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
- Cover letterResume (months and years of employment must be included)Academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable)Names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Leslie Lewin Reinhart ([email protected]). For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.