Office Support Associate - Campus-Wide (136514)
Office Support Associate
Department - To be determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees in positions allocated to this level of the series work under general supervision in support of an office or organization. They perform office support tasks requiring knowledge of general office and departmental procedures and methods, ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages.
An Office Support Associate typically:
- screens calls and visitors for a department/unit; determines needs and personally handles routine inquiries, requests, or problems; maintains office area including keeping displays, bulletin boards, electronic message boards up-to-date;
- reviews department/unit incoming mail, responding to routine items and distributing remainder to other appropriate staff; coordinates and schedules package/freight shipments;
- keyboards documents such as correspondence, reports, manuscripts, and similar materials with responsibility for determining format and correcting errors in grammar and syntax; transcribe and/or record narrative material in final form;
- maintains a calendar(s) for a designated member(s) of the unit staff, scheduling meetings and appointments when given general instruction and making changes as needed;
- apprises a designated member(s) of the unit staff of upcoming events and gather related information/materials; makes travel arrangements from a predetermined schedule;
- creates, updates, revises, and retrieves files, records, and department contacts/LISTSERVs, which may involve indexing and cross-filing; responsible for maintaining adequate, accurate, and accessible information, including confidential materials;tracks, orders, receives and distributes office supplies;
- bills, receives, and records payments; prepares receipts and deposits; maintains records of unit fiscal transactions;
- monitors and provides updated information for website;
- creates agendas, attends meetings, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes and agendas to participants;
- assists with periodic inventory checks and/or updates; assists with payroll records submissions and various human resource activities and procedures;
- collects, compiles and organizes information for recurring reports, and composes brief, narrative reports with responsibility for accurately stating factual information gathered from a number of readily available sources;
- assigns and reviews work performed by other office or administrative employees of same or lower level;
- collects student assignments or proctor exams in absence of faculty;
- performs duties listed in lower level of this classification series;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one of any combination of the following totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
College or university coursework in any curriculum
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
Office Support Associate positions are benefits-eligible Civil Service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum starting salary is $17.236 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and Exam Request form for Office Support Associate. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Illinois Human Resources Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Office Support Associate - Campus-Wide (136514) Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations